Happy Fathers Day to All the Daddies Out There



You have most probably read this poem before but I have always loved and I want to share it with you today as we celebrate Fathers Day.

By Autumn Parker


I am a small and precious child, my Daddys been sent to fight The only place I will see his face, is in my dreams at night He will be gone too many days, for my young mind to keep track. I may be sad, but I am proud, my Daddy’s got your back I am a caring mother, my son has gone to war My mind is filled with worries that I have never known before Every day I try to keep my thoughts from turning black I may be sad, but I am proud, my son has got your back. I am a strong and loving wife, with a husband soon to go There are times I am terrified, in ways most never know I bite my lip and force a smile, as I watch my husband pack My heart may break but I am proud, my husband’s got your back. I am a soldier; serving proudly, standing tall. I fight for freedom, yours and mine, by answering this call. I do my job while knowing, the thanks it sometimes lacks. Say a prayer that I come home, its me that’s got your back
Thank you all for your sacrifice.

Enjoy the day Dads. I'll be at a BBQ today eating and drinking and enjoying the day.

I hope you will be doing the same.